Friday, November 28, 2008

CAT Performance

Today, after many days i thought to write a post about my performance on CAT. I have been writing this blog since almost 8-9 months and the same is my prep stint. So anyways, CAT this year was too good for me in two of the sections. However, DI screwed me up badly that none of the IIMs gonna call me.
I started with 30-30-30 and 20-20-20 min strategy that had given me good results in past. I kick started with QA section for a change and able to sovle mere 5 question in 35 mins. Then moved to DI section and did 6 question and man, i was damn sure that i have these 11 question correct. After more 30 mins and DI section, i moved to VA and apportioned 50 mins straight away. I found VA exteremly easy and was able to solve only 22 question. Yes, even after i said easy section. I then alloted 20 mins to DI section again and i landed up with only 9 attempts in DI. And then more 15 mins to QA and i did 6 question!! :). So overall my attempts were 11 in QA, 9 in DI and 22 in VA.
After checking the keys, following are my would be scores:
QA: 34 (9 R and 2 W) awesome accuracy man
DI: 16 (5 R and 4 W) My worste performance in DI ever
VA: 78 (20 R and 2 W) again awesome accuracy
Overall: 128 Marks
But looking at my DI scores, i know i have screwed up big time and the coveted bricked corridors are now out of the picture..Well, JMET is the next target..Hope i do well this time and do not disappoint myself and all you readers.

Regards,
Ameya

2 comments:

  1. Aaahh.. hard luck! never mind, you still have a chance for great schools like MICA, IMT, etc. And Best of luck for other exams also..

    But becoz you are so passionate about CAT, I'd suggest give it another shot next year... You will definitely succeed... ATB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nice words, by the way to update you all JMET has been a big shot for me. Lets hope for the best. And my friend, i am not targeting IMT and MICA. No doubt these schools are some of the finest schools but after over 2.5 years of exp in SAP i would not opt for these schools..

    ReplyDelete