Sunday, November 9, 2008

AIMCATs Journey ends with the rocking mock!

Finally, yet another season of AIMCATs and the saga ends. Actually, i want to write a long post about my experience of this journey, ups, downs, and god knows what not. This season might have been very good for some and might be a path full of thorns. Anyways, i am not posting this crap now, as i am saving this for my aideu speach after the IIMs reaults.

I have been working on the strategy to solve the paper since quite a long. However, it is the recent times when i discovered the one that suits me perfectly, that makes me confortable while soving the mock. Thank you to Sinchan aka Rik_12 on Pagalguy, who guided me to go with the strategy and boy, it worked, it clicked, i found what i was searching for. I took 3 mocks with this strategy and i must say i have rocked them totally including AIMCAT901.
The strategy is, to apportion eualy time slot of 30 mins to each section in the first half of the paper. The means, i allocated 30 mins to QA, 30 to DI and 30 to VA. Now with this you have already gone through the entire paper once and must have solved at least 5-6 questions in this this 30 sprint. So when you see 5-6 Qs ovalled in each section, it boosts your confidence to hights. Now, in the second half of 20-20-20 mins, when you return to sections, your conversion rate the around 95%. So in 60 odd minutes you will end up scoring big time. This worled for me big time and still is working. If you guys are still struggling with the strategy, go try this one out.
AIMCAT901:
As i said, i started the paper with QA (i had never started with QA in last 18 mocks) and given around 40 mins instead of 30 and solved 4-5 Qs. As quant was inclined towards the tougher side, i was not stiated with my attempts in 30 mins, but i was sure that all these 4-5 Qs are correct. I left QA and moved to DI. Initially i was struggling to find a set to solve but then i got hold of the 1st set in the paper and solved 4/5 and got all correct. Moved to DS and solved all of them got 2/3 correct. By this time, the 30 mis sprint was over so i moved to VA so that i could get some good number questions there and increase my score. I decided to alloted the 20 more mins to VA section after 30 mins. I returned to QA and solved 3-4 questions there and then to DI and solved 3-4 questions. With this, the time was up and i was done with the last AIMCAT of the series.
I stepped out of the exam hall and started to check the answers and found that i have solved 2 Qs wrongly in QA. I said to myself, oh boy i again messed it up. I didnt bother to check the scores, however, when i checked the scores, i ended up with the following score:

QA: 8 R 2 W -->30
DI: 8 R 1 W --> 31
VA: oh boy, i am back to my best 16 R 2 W --> 62

Over All: 123 !!! I never imagined myself scoring this much, but man..i am there..i am there in the game..it feels great to score after you worked so hard. Anyways, enough og gyan..let me conclude the post here..

Ameya

No comments:

Post a Comment