Thursday, March 27, 2008

Why IIMs came into my life?

I know there are lot of blogs on CAT & the so called motivation, but today I just thought of penning down the reasons why I am so much motivated, passionate & fighting. People asks me "how do you keep yourself so much motivated man!". Well, simple hai..Because of my father. I dint claim here that only my father faced brutal life, it is just that I took the motivation from it.

It happens, when you grow up, start earning a sum of money, may be 20-25K . This is the time when you get used to with life. This is when the so called fire starts to cease. Why? I ask this question to myself & every time I get only one answer. The fire in me is increasing, everyday!!

My father belonged to rich, affluent farming family. My father still tells me the stories of exclusive life he had during his childhood. My father, He was little different from others..He wanted to study and carry the legacy of his grandfather by becoming Judge. When he was busy studying, others were busy abusing the money, wasting it up. Slowly and gradually, empire passed by and he was forced to fund his own education. He was talented, extremely talented.

He came to Khandala to work in a hotel as an accountant and he would also get one course of food there. With this money, he resumed his education in BMCC (A well known college in Pune). However, he was forced to quit this job when hotel went bankrupt.

This is when he came to pune, to his uncle. Who was brought up at my father's house. All that he asked was a place to sleep at night. Was he that unwanted to get denied even a place to sleep? He was given a dilapidated room that had no roof. Gosh! can we imagine this now?? I still can 't hold my emotions when he narrates me that incidence when he used to spend nights sitting in a corner of that room with no lights and legs crunched to his chest because of heavy rains.

He had that passion in him to make it big. In spite of adverse conditions , he cleared not only B.com with flying colors but also UPSC for IAS. He had an interview call. He went to his uncle to ask for money so that he can travel for interview. He was denied again! He worked day & night at hotels to earn that money. None helped him. Somehow he managed the sum of money and went to interview. With no more than 2 Rs in his pocket, he travelled all along. But he missed that interview just because taxi driver denied to give him a free trip neither anyone gave him a lift. How can life be so cruel. Can you imagine this happening with someone in IIM interview. I pray to god none should face this situation ever in life.

Still he never gave up. He continued fighting with passion. He came to Aurangabad, my birthplace. With no relatives, no friends & no money, he made railway platform his home. Where he used to sleep on a sheet of a newspaper and other sheet was used as a blanket. Gosh! where is my fur blanket. I never share my pillow. We hear such sentences many times right?

well, he struggled a lot through out his life. Only thing he was lacked was practical approach. He helped others so much that he even mortgaged his shop. Anyway, things didn't turn up as he was expecting, but one more incident I specifically want to write here. I was in class 7th and my mom was visiting my nani's place because of nani's ill health. Our house was on debt and housing people had come for sealing the houses of defaulters. I had gone to meet dad that time for some work. He said come over son, those guys are here to shut down our house. He was smiling. may be he was saying, grow up soon son, and achieve what I failed to because of other adversities. I can still see his face with a smile. This is when I learnt to keep smiling in spite of difficulties. Come what may, never give up. He taught me this.

Today he has achieved and brought my family to a respected place in a society. I salute this guy, who is my beloved father.

Are you the one who is whining about a CAT failure? Poor scores? come on dude , do you still think after reading this that your failures are that big that can't be achieved? Give it a thought.

Whenever I feel low, I recall all these moments in front of my eyes. Within a second I get charged up to face whatever life has to offer.

Since my childhood, my parents never let me feel what is this word named "Hunger", but they were really struggling to meet daily needs, but they let me know that son this is how life is, my parents were giving me very important lesson of life. How to face life, how to take up the challenges of life, my father's fight with life, his struggle made me to decide my destination...IIMs

This is where the roots of my intense desire lies. Each one of you who is reading this blog post either have faced such adversities in life or their parent's have faced it in theirl ife. Only thing is , we cease to take motivation from the point that how much efforts our parent have taken to makes us qualified enough to see this day. We forget their pain when we get a salary credit message into our inbox on every month end. Think one more time guys, is this what your parent fought their entire life for? To see their kid achieving only this? Come on certainly not!

I am not trying to get sympathies through this post. Keep it to yourself. I just worte this because I think my father deserves it & may be because I want someone to get inspired from it.

Never Give up in life..

Ameya

3 comments: