Thursday, March 27, 2008

First take !!

It was year 2005 when i decided to take my first short with CAT in 2006. I was very desperate to start up the preparations and hit the bulls eye in Nov 19th 2006. I preapred for the complete whole year with full hopes and all my guns loaded fully for the battle. I noticed Quant as my weakest area, i was really very poor (Now also dont know the current status :) ) at maths, an consequently in DI too. English was giving some pinch of happines and still is giving, but people please excuse me for my writing skills.
Getting back on to the CAT, i was all the time mugging up all the formulas, all tables, any god knows what other things. Somewhere in august, the CAT bulletien came into the paper and i was damn excited that i took its paper cutting and stuck it on the wall of my bedroom. Everyday i was looking towards the covated IIMs logo and kept on saying to myself the this is where i want to get into.
Mocks started somewhere in the Sept. and i took the PT's PRAC CATs and this was the time when i get to know that journey is not so easy and not a cake walk even in VA foe me. My poor scores forced me to think if CAT is my cup of tea? But every time i felt low i was thinking of my parents, their struggle and i use to get ready for the battle.
Time passed away and the D-day came. i was getting too nervous and was getting too supertitious that even i used the same pencile to solve the paper with which i scored somewhere 90%ile although only once in mocks. I reached my center and was waiting outside for the gates to open. All the people around were like a bookworm and came with piles of books. This is when i lost my battle by getting a complex, this also made me to take a back seat on CAT and as expected i lost my battle with scoring poor 66%ile with pathetic 38%ile on maths, 58% ile on DI and 97%ile on English.
But journey was not over yet but i was loosing my every battle JMET, SNAP, IIFT, NMAT, but FMS !! although i failed on FMS too but it gave me the reason for existance. After all these failuers, i was not ready to come to Mumbai to appear for FMS. My friends somehow convinced me too come to FMS. It was the 19th January when an off campus was going on in LnT Infotech Powai. I decided to take it up to check if i am prepared this time at least or not. To conclude, FMS lost but LnT won..Here my journey ended and i thought end of the CAT too, but but but...something was still there in life's bag to offer to me...CAT was ready to come into my life again..

1 comment:

  1. hi
    came across your blog link through PG....a very similar story as of mine.Appeared for CAT 2006,with all my preparation.But i guess effort were not in teh right direction.Then appered for CAT07 but without even a bit of prep...but alas,the results were far better than CAT06.And now looking for everything i can possibly do for CAT 08.Have joined TIME and biggest motivational factor for me is my job,it SUCKS.....
    looking for more g8 blogs on ur side.
    regards
    spiritedsoul

    ReplyDelete