Monday, March 1, 2010

And the journey still continues...

Yet another CAT results. Yet another unexpected result. It seems IIM dream is delayed by one more year. I had prepared hard this year. I was getting good percentile also. Even got 99.9 in one of the mocks. But the percentile I have got on CAT 2009 is disturbing and harmful to confidance.
QA: 68
DI: 58V
A: 92
OA: 76.87
Above numbers are what I am sailing with now. I had never expected percentiles this low. I was damn sure about QA tht out of 16 attempts I would get at least 12 correct in worst case. DI, I accept I was doubtful about and as I always say, when I am doubtful of something, it turns out disasterous everytime. Verbal, I am not sure what to write about it. Should I even write and maintain this blog in english? I am not that bad to get horrible percentile like 92. It is my strongest section.
What next?
This quesetion is bugging my badly since results have come up. Sometimes I feel I no more want to continue what I am doing right now. I want to quit doing job in IT, I do not want to work on my websites or anything else.
Desperation and dejection is obvious when you put in so much of efforts. But that does not mean I will give up on my dreams. I will not. I have certainly taken aback but my heart is not ready to accept defeat. It may sound crazy but I may appear one more time. Till the time I get into IIMs or I get a chance to chuck them out.
It seems I need a lot of introspection. All the best to those who have calls.
Ameya

No comments:

Post a Comment