Tuesday, June 23, 2009

CL Prock Mock 2

Hello Fellas,
I am posting little bit late up here. Was little bit busy in many small small things. However, somehow i got time to appear for CL's 2nd Proc. Mock. I have been giving tests since last one month but this is when i am going to get the %iles and AIRs.

Duhh..i am not bothered much about it now, but it was a nice experience and i must say CL has finely executed the online tests. I was thinking that online pattern will make much of a defference in one's preparation/strategy blah blah blah..I found myself on a wrong side of the road after appearing for 1st online test. It was just another test. No much differences. The key was, there should be only one thought on your mind that you have to solve the question infront of you. Nothing else. If you keep on thinking about the strategy of online test, how will i change the appraoch? Man..you dont need this okey..

Anyway, as i said earlier that i have been taking quiet a few tests this last month, this helped me a lot to cool down my senses. I have taken almost 5 full length tests + 12-15 sectional tests this month. This scrapped my anxiety of the paper, strategy and what not. I was as cool as i never thought of while giving this test. Although i am not yet sure about the scores, i am happy with my performance in the test.

CL's Mock had 70 Qs with 40 in VA, 15 in DI & 20 in QA. Each section had time limit & test had to be solved in a particular sequence. i.e. VA first, then DI and then QA. I personally found VA quite doable but it indeed tested your VA skills. Specially of grammar. So if you are a person thinking that grammar is not your cup of tea, change your likings..

QA was also doable but i could solve around 10 Q only..I have to increase my speed in quant big time. DI was tough as many deemed so..But 5-6 attempt could have been a safe side in this paper.

I end up solving 33/40 in VA, 10/20 in QA and 7/15 DI total 50/70

Well, regarding the updates on perps, as i mentioned about the Chandra sir, He let me work 2 months on number system alone. This increased my comfort level in number syst. problems and boosted my hopes in QA. Now i am upto Algebra and he has given me time line of 15 days. Lets see, I am optimistic about the Algebra also. If i bang this one too, I will end up covering two biggest scoring topics in Quant.

I will continue to update my grammar blog here. I will also update about the Mock Scores. TIME's AIMCAT is just down the road now.

One thing that i learnt today: Don't think about not studying a topic as mocks have started. Irrespective of mocks, study that topic because ultimately you have to score on CAT and not on Mocks..

Cheeers,
Ameya

1 comment:

  1. wonderful blog, interesting posts. Congratulations! A good job you did. Keep all the best in here, keep up the good work .. well done .. smiles ..

    ReplyDelete