Wednesday, January 7, 2009

CAT Results at the Doorstep

8th Jan 2009, a day before the CAT results day. This has been a fantastic journey what so ever. I have enjoyed every moment of this journey. The AIMCATs, the analysis, studying til late nights, waking up early for study again and a whole day of office. Every ounce of happiness i have enjoued all through this journey. I was so addicted to all these that i am feeling bad these that i am doing neither of these above mentioned activities. In a true sense, i have enjoyed my incomplete journy to IIMs. It reminds me of one of my favourite song by backstreet boys - Incomplete which says
Empty spaces fill me up with holes
Distant faces with no place left to go Without you within
me I can't find no rest
Where I’m going is anybody’s guess. I tried to go on like
I never knew you.
I’m awake but my world is half asleep. I pray for this
heart to be unbroken,
But without you all I’m going to be is
incomplete.
Voices tell me I should carry on, But I am swimming in an
ocean all aloneBaby,
my babyIt’s written on your face. You still wonder if we
made a big mistake.
I tried to go on like I never knew you, I’m awake but my
world is half asleep.
I pray for this heart to be unbroken, But without you all
I’m going to be is incomplete
I don’t mean to drag it on, but I can’t seem to let you
go. I don’t wanna make you face this world alone. I wanna let you go
(alone).
I tried to go on like I never knew youI’m awake but my
world is half asleepI pray for this heart to be unbrokenBut without you all I’m
going to be is incompleteIncomplete
Sorry for posting the full song, but cant help it guys, i just love it. Anyways, to continue, I know i have messed up in DI and i should not expect a call from IIMs. But this does not ends the saga. With many results lined up, i am expecting at least a few calls this season. If not, i may come back for the next season. Anyways, i am writing this post just to emphasise that what ever your CAT results may come, do not get unstable. Be it all 7 IIMs call or be it none. If you get all calls then you have more responsibility on your shoulders. You will again have to prove that among these 5000 odd short listed people, I am the best and deserve to be there at the red brick rooms. The most covated place on this earth. So head down again and head for a GD PI.
If you are on other side of the line where i think i too will be, mind it this is not the end friends, indeed this is not an end. Rather you have got yet another opportunity to prove yourself. Even if you decide not to go for a CAT and may be CAT 2008 was your last attempt. Plan for a GMAT or any other higher education. But tell you people frankly, god also respect those people who get there by working hard and by taking pains. This is not your downfall, but think about other side of it. Only after passing through thousands degree of temp. and after continuous hammering, gold comes out of raw material. We all, who are charged up with a motive, with a goal and passion are gold of some or the other forms. We are in the phase of transformation and some will finish it soon or some will take more time. So the gist of this post is just to say relax, calm down and do not get disturbed by the results. You will get what you deserve.
I think i am writing this post to tell all this to myself with a mask of "You". Anyways, All the best fellas for your result. I will post mine once i get them.
Regards,
Ameya

No comments:

Post a Comment